Friday, September 10, 2010

The REEL Octoberfest


Fall is in the air, and Halloween is coming.  I love Halloween (it is one of my favorite holidays), but I don't get in the mood for it just because I am confronted by candy and costume displays in the stores.  So, an important part of the process for me, besides enjoying the cooler temperatures, is to start popping in those creepy movies that make me shiver for other reasons.  I would love to have company.  

Therefore, I give you the The REEL Octoberfest.  I sat down, racked my brains, and leafed through the pages of my own movie catalog to compile a list of the best, creepiest, funniest, and most enjoyable (vintage) Halloweeny movies I have ever seen.  Coincidentally, the list came out to 31 films on the dot.  So, join me, if you will, in gathering around you a few of these films to enjoy in the month of October.  

Please visit the REEL Octoberfest page for more information.  Below are the movies I have selected.






1. Ghosts on the Loose 
2. Ministry of Fear 
3. Murder Ahoy 
4. The Phantom of the Opera 
5. Charlie Chan in City in Darkness
6. The Invisible Man 
7. Rebecca 
8. I Walked with a Zombie 
9. To Kill a Mockingbird 
10. Murder at the Gallop 
11. Doctor X 
12. Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer, Boris Karloff 
13. Lady on a Train
14. The Beast with Five Fingers 
15. Murder Most Foul
16. House of Wax 
17. Dick Tracy Meets Gruesome 
18. Nosferatu 
19. The Fall of the House of Usher
20. Murder, She Said 
21. Arsenic and Old Lace 
22. Frankenstein 
23. Mystery of the Wax Museum



24. Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy 
25. Gaslight 
26. Mad Love 
27. Wait Until Dark 
29. The Bride of Frankenstein  
30. The Spiral Staircase 
31. Dracula 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about the Picture of Dorian Gray? Does that one count?

Related Posts with Thumbnails